American SpeedFest 10 Powered by Lucas Oil roared into life at Brands Hatch with a flat out day’s entertainment on and off the circuit today (Saturday).
Gianmarco Ercoli kicked things off in style in the first of the weekend’s headline NASCAR Whelen Euro Series races, winning from pole position following a well-attended spectator grid walk as the sun shone on the Kent circuit. The sun was shining too on the Italian’s charge for victory, as he led the entire race distance after initially holding his lead as the pack streamed through Paddock Hill Bend for the first time.
It was Ercoli’s sixth career win in the EuroNASCAR PRO class, and his first of the season, coming at the same venue where he first enjoyed success back in 2018. Ercoli’s flag to flag success was followed by a fierce scrap for second between Vittorio Ghirelli and Liam Hezemans.
Ghirelli passed Hezemans on the fifth lap of 38, and despite the latter’s spirited attempts to work his way back past into the lead, he was forced to settle for third. All three drivers were however treated to a spot in Victory Lane, with the popular FanZone podium celebrations making a return to the event for the first time since 2019.
EuroNASCAR PRO, Brands Hatch, Race 1 Result
- Gianmarco Ercoli, CAAL Racing, Chevrolet Camaro
- Vittorio Ghirelli, Team Bleekemolen, Chevrolet Camaro, +2.688s
- Liam Hezemans, Hendriks Motorsport, Toyota Camry, +3.138s
- Anthony Kumpen, PK Carsport, Chevrolet Camaro, +6.247s
- Sebastiaan Bleekemolen, Team Bleekemolen, Ford Mustang, +9.896s
- Giorgio Maggi, Race Art Technology, Ford Mustang, +11.088s
- Tobias Dauenhauer, Bremotion, Chevrolet Camaro, +12.535s
- Lucas Lasserre, Speedhouse, Ford Mustang, +17.172s
- Fabrizio Armetta, The Club Motorsport, Chevrolet Camaro, +17.383s
- Frederic Gabillon, RDV Competition, Ford Mustang, +18.525s
In EuroNASCAR 2, it was Vladimiros Tziortzis who claimed victory, the Cypriot pilot guiding his stock car to the top step of the podium for a third race in succession. He was joined on the Victory Lane podium by Alberto NASKA and Martin Doubek.
EuroNASCAR 2, Brands Hatch, Race 1 Result
- Vladimiros Tziortzis, Academy Motorsport, EuroNASCAR FJ
- Alberto Naska, CAAL Racing, Chevrolet Camaro, +1.103s
- Martin Doubek, Hendriks Motorsports, Ford Mustang, +1.665s
- Gil Linster, Hendriks Motorsport, Toyota Camry, +2.688s
- Paul Jouffreau, RDV Competition, Ford Mustang, +4.078s
Click here to view full race results from this weekend’s competitive on-track action.
The chequered flag for the EuroNASCAR 2 race was waved by singer-songwriter Kezia Gill, who was on-site to top the bill at the all-new SpeedFest Country music festival. Other off-track highlights included an off-track appearance from a static example of NASCAR’s Garage 56 Le Mans car and life-size models of Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater from Disney Pixar’s Cars movies.
American SpeedFest 10 Powered by Lucas Oil resumes tomorrow (Sunday) and tickets will be available on the gate with reductions for 13-15-year-olds and free entry for under-13s.